Ever since Captain Joseph McFee set up a crab pot and rang a bell in San Francisco in 1891 to raise money for the hungry, bell ringing has been a Christmas tradition all over the country.
But what makes bell ringing REALLY special (other than the money it raises to support the community) are the amazing volunteers who spice things up every day during Christmas at the kettle. Our favorites:
1. Sleeves are optional! (But clothing is required)
Source: NY Daily News
2. Choreographed dances are not only awesome, they are encouraged.
3. You can invite birds to join you Disney style… or you can just make the bird calls yourself.
4. You get to see different methods of donating.
5. You and your friends can surprise EVERYONE with music.
6. Even your three year old can bell ring 🙂
The majority of our funds collected throughout the year are collected by dedicated volunteers just like you to come and ring our bell. Grab some friends, spread some cheer, and be a part of the more than 4,000 volunteers we need this season to continue our efforts every day in this community. BONUS: every dollar collected here stays LOCAL. Like we said… bell ringing is the best (and so are you!) Please come and volunteer today to fill service hours, school requirements and more. And even become a virtual bell ringer and do some fundraising for your friends.
From the bottom of our hearts as we enter this Christmas season, thank you!